A professional-looking website is a must-have for any business. It’s imperative that you maintain and keep your website fresh and in line with recent design trends and technological advancements - good sites balance design and functionality. Your site will determine whether visitors connect with your brand, engage with your content, and ultimately find and purchase your products. If your website is outdated or confusing, prospective customers will bounce with a bad taste in their mouth.
Your website should be a showcase for your brand personality, with rich and valuable content that will make consumers want to stay on your site and share it with their friends. It’s a mistake to create a website just for the sake of having one. It can be a truly invaluable tool for telling your brand story, proving your credibility and engaging with consumers in real time. It is also the best place to gauge perceptions of your brands and products. Also, having a website with search-engine-optimized (SEO) content – key phrases that match what your customers are typing into search engines – is critical to ensuring your business’s online visibility.
Following are some simple checks to help you decide if your website is in need of a refresh:
• Is your website slow to load and/or outdated?
• Is your bounce rate high?
• Is your site security up-to-date with latest requirements?
• Is your site resonsive i.e mobile and tablet friendly?
• Is your site taking full advantage of social media intergration?
• Is your site memorable?
• Does your site reflect your brand?
• Do you have SEO? Is it working well?